If you believe that pride is ageless, remember Southern Arizona Senior Pride on Arizona Gives Day 2020! Senior Pride is the only organization run by and for LGBTQI+ elders in Southern Arizona. We celebrate, support, and unite Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Seniors in Southern Arizona.
THE EARLY GIVING PERIOD HAS BEGUN: Between March 17 and April 7, you can make your gift to Senior Pride at the SAAF page on the Arizona Gives Day website. (After clicking the ‘donate’ button, enter amount and scroll to “Donation Designation,” choose Southern Arizona Senior Pride). Senior Pride could be eligible for prizes ranging from $1,000-25,000 depending on the number of people who give and how much we raise!
Your gift helps create a community in which LGBTQ older adults are safe, connected, respected, heard, and engaged. Your gift supports our FREE friendly visits program, end of life planning, social gatherings, support groups, and cultural events for LGBTQI+ older adults.
The reality for many LGBTQI+ Elders:
• 1/3 live at or below 200% of poverty
• This economic insecurity is the result of a lifetime of discrimination
• 50% experience discrimination when applying for housing
• Have dwindling support networks
• Face discrimination in senior services
• Are under-insured and face disproportionately poor health outcomes
• Served as veterans, yet don’t receive benefits
• Struggle with discrimination and harassment in care facilities
• Experience higher rates of psychological distress and substance abuse without subsequent accessible service
Senior Pride qualifies for the AZ Charitable Tax Credit through our fiscal agent, Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation (SAAF). If you miss Arizona Gives Day on April 7, you can still donate to Southern AZ Senior Pride HERE BY APRIL 15, and receive a credit on your 2019 state taxes! Consult with your accountant to understand how tax credits work.
If you believe LGBTQI+ elders deserve the embrace of their community, support Senior Pride.
Southern Arizona Senior Pride